Monday, January 25, 2016

What Am I Weighting For?



  It's the New Year and time I made some resolutions. I got on the scale today and..wow!

  I've been thinking about going on a diet. I've been putting it off for a while and I could totally befit from losing a couple of ounces.
 
  I know it's really hard. I've tried and it didn't work out too well. I came up with every excuse in the book. And I can't even say that I'm just "fluffy"!



  But being over weight can really have some long term effects. I know that being a Chihuahua, my knees can only take so much. So keeping extra weight on can really hurt over time.

  The first thing you always want to do, is get a check up. There may be a medical reason you're overweight. My brother was very obese when we adopted him. Thanks to our Veterinarians and some tests, we found out he had a thyroid problem. After a few months and medication, he lost 20 pounds! Now he can run around, he's healthy and he feels great!

 

So here's some weight loss tips that can help us all:

Get Going!: Exercise is an awesome way to keep fit. Tell your Mom or Dad to take you for a walk! My sister loves to swim in our pool. That's great exercise! And for those Kitties out there, playing with toys like battery powered mice, chasing stuff and even chasing those laser pointer toys are fun too!  


 
 
Get a Grip On Your Cravings: Many of us beg. I'm not proud of it, but I totally do it. I'll basically do anything for a treat. I'll wine, pout and ever give 'em the "sad eyes". But, I guess I have to be stronger now.... 

Check Out What's In Your Bowl: Try adding some pet friendly veggies to your meal. They provide nutrition and can make you feel fuller without all of those extra calories!


Watch Those Treats: Even though we love treats, they should only make up 10% of our diet. A really good idea is to enjoy a treat with less calories. Like chopped up carrots for us dogs. Or dried shrimp for cats.



Weight Loss Diets: Here at The Hospital, we have special diets just for weight loss. It can make it a whole lot easier to get started and keep with it, with a tasty diet. 

Be Patient: Remember to gradually make diet changes. If you do switch to a weight loss food, do it gradually over a week or so, by mixing it with your current food until you're completely "switched over".

  If you need any more help, just call us at The Hospital. We're here to help. So, let's get healthy together!



Speck



                    Speck the Blogging Dog © Chrissie Ratliff 2013-2017 all rights reserved












 




No comments:

Post a Comment